As a critical provider to your business, Nuvias understands that the Corona Virus pandemic and its impact is of significant concern to you and your customers. We also appreciate that our ability to continue to support you will be important over the coming weeks and months.
The health and safety of our staff, customers and suppliers is of the highest concern for Nuvias, as is the continuance of support for our customers across the globe. Both are clearly very closely linked in this global pandemic. The following describes how we are working to manage this challenging situation.
We have been monitoring COVID-19 developments closely, following local authorities’ guidance in all the countries where we operate, including Public Health England (PHE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). We have taken precautions and actions often ahead of local Government to maintain a safe work environment for our employees and to sustain our business operations.
Our business continuity plan and COVID-19 specific decisions include:
- Implementing homeworking for most of our staff
- Encouraging video conference-based meetings instead of face to face exchanges
- Significantly reducing inter-office travel
- Cancelling partner events and attendance at vendor events and/or trade shows
- Cancelling all international business travel
- Pro-actively moving “vulnerable” or staff with “vulnerable dependents” to home working
- Providing employees with access to hand sanitiser, tissues, information and best practices to reduce the risk of contagion
- Implementing a “call before you come in policy” if staff, family or individuals have just returned from affected areas or are showing any flu related symptoms
Nuvias staff are laptop-enabled and as a distributor of high-quality Cyber Security, Advanced Networking and Unified Communications solutions, we continue to use technology tools to remotely meet and manage the requirements of our vendors and customers.
Our critical Operational IT platforms and tools are all cloud-based, resulting in a robust technology platform with fully enabled remote operations.
Supply Chain and logistics
Securing the best possible supply chain operations is of critical importance to us and is therefore under constant review. Nuvias has been monitoring the potential impact of COVID-19 on product supply since late December, due to the location of some vendor manufacturing facilities in the affected areas of China.
In order to ensure an efficient supply chain, we have continued to maintain daily contact with vendors with manufacturing facilities in these areas, as we have with vendors manufacturing outside of China but with components being manufactured in these regions.
As part of our ISO processes for 9001 and 27001, we review our supply chain and logistics partners to mitigate weaknesses as a standard practice.
- Large stocking orders placed and fulfilled
- Advance large stocking orders have been placed against European vendor hubs.
- Frequent reviews with all supply chain partners and vendors
- Multiple shipping and freight forwarding partners in place, to mitigate disruption
- Warehouse staff offered the same advice, information and access to hand sanitiser and tissues for hygiene purposes
- Education on systems and processes extended to a higher number of warehouse staff
- Continued engagement with vendors and services partners, along with reviews of COVID-19 handling methodologies
Monitoring and management of rapidly changing situation
As an offshoot from our Business Continuity Planning, we have created a specific “Corona Virus Action Team”, now meeting daily, led by the signees and including the key executives needed to make and implement immediate decisions as the situation evolves.
We continue to engage with multiple health authorities across the countries where we hold a presence or where we have significant partners and will respond accordingly to support the protection of life, and the service to our customer base.
Nuvias continues to work hard to protect its ability to serve your business and customers and we hope that you, your teams and customers remain safe and healthy during these challenging times.