The UC market is growing faster than you think: Unified Communication technologies have been around for some time, so you might think that the market is mature. However, the UC market has grown considerably in the last five years, and is predicted to be worth US$ 106 Bn by 2022 and to continue expanding at […]
- The UC market is growing faster than you think: Unified Communication technologies have been around for some time, so you might think that the market is mature. However, the UC market has grown considerably in the last five years, and is predicted to be worth US$ 106 Bn by 2022 and to continue expanding at an annual rate of almost 6% through to 2025. This growth is driven by continuous innovation in UC, and by customers’ increasing recognition of the benefits of investing in UC solutions.
- Businesses can differentiate with UC: Businesses need up-to-date communications technology now more than ever. Time that workers spend collaborating with others has increased by 50% over the last 20 years and meetings, calls and emails take up as much as 80% of the working day, in some companies. The right UC technology will ensure that less of this time is wasted, and that users have a great communication experience. In a 2015 study, 67% of companies that had implemented UC had realised productivity gains: presence information shows when people are available, and on what channel, IM enables quick information sharing, mobile workers can join the conversation seamlessly. When work is mostly about collaboration and communication, a business can gain competitive advantage by investing in UC.
- UC makes you more creative: It’s not just productivity: In a study comparing companies who are best and worst at using mobile communications technology, 45% of employees in the best companies say they are more creative. It’s likely that creativity is being stimulated by the ease of communicating that UC confers: 38% overall rated the ability to collaborate effectively as the most important factor affecting creativity. It’s also likely that people are more focused and creative when they have the improved work-life balance that comes working flexibly and communicating with ease.
- Millennial employees expect – and demand – UC: Unified communications technologies are a great fit for how millennials want and expect to work. Research shows that 90% of millennials prefer to choose when and where they work rather than being placed in a 9-5 position. They are tech savvy, digital natives who are always connected. According to other research they expect work to be flexible, fun and collaborative and they value open and honest communications. By 2025, 75% of the workforce will be millennials so businesses need to start investing now.
- UC can’t shine without training and support: Around four in ten employees say they have access to communication tools they don’t know how to use and so, unsurprisingly, they never use them. Steve Harris, EVP unified communications, Nuvias and managing director SIPHON says “Making sure users have access to training materials and online materials and are encouraged to use the technology is key to successful end-user adoption of UC.”
For more information about the unbelievable benefits of unified communications technologies call us 01635 225000